Charismatic leader and communicator sought to drive one of the UK’s top performing charity agencies forward to a new level.
Our plans for the future
ChangeStar is a fundraising and social change agency helping good causes to connect with people to do good things. For over a decade, we’ve been helping clients achieve some of the best fundraising and campaigning results in the sector.
And now we are changing. We’re keeping to our core pedigree of fundraising and social change, but are also expanding our vision to use the latest insights from psychology and other disciplines to help political and charitable organisations seek a fairer, wiser and more sustainable world. These could transform the way progressive organisations seek change.
Who we are seeking
We are seeking an exceptional individual to drive the organisation forward at this exciting time. This is an amazing opportunity to build an established, respected organisation to a new level, with a wider client base and a groundbreaking new offering. You will need to be a charismatic leader and communicator, with the contacts and ability to get ChangeStar out into the sector, put us at the centre of progressive change and draw clients to our organisation.
We are seeking someone with the following attributes (please note – these are all essential):
- Profile in the fundraising and/or social change sector – you will have a strong profile and credibility within the sector and plenty of contacts to draw upon when building relationships with prospects.
- Fundraising experience – you will have extensive experience and success (8+ years) in direct response fundraising at a senior level, ideally on both client and agency sides. You will be confident in using this experience and your knowledge to help our clients – both at a broad strategic level and at a detailed creative level.
- Passion for social change – you will be committed to seeking progressive social change, and passionate about the potential for fundraising and communications to help achieve this.
- Great communicator – you will be a dynamic, warm and convincing communicator, able to inspire and teach people about our ideas and services. You will be great at closing sales.
- Strong operational skills – you will have strong experience of running teams, managing budgets and, ideally experience of driving organisations.
Our founder and Director is looking for someone to take over the driving and running of the business, so that he can focus on leading the creative, strategy and research sides of the business. The role will work closely with the Director and will include the following areas:
- Driving the business – planning the new direction of the organisation and the steps and resources needed to achieve it. Communicating this to the team, clients, prospects and the wider sector in an engaging and convincing way.
- Spreading the word – acting as the figurehead for the business in the marketplace – a dynamic, credible thought leader, and a skilled, engaging communicator.
- Business development – building our new business prospect pipeline through dynamic engagement with the sector, including networking, running workshops and other new business activity. You will have the skills, energy and resilience to consistently drive new business to the agency.
- Operational management – responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the business, including finance and the management of our small, senior team.
This role will be available on a part-time basis initially, on 3 days per week.
We are offering a salary equivalent to £40-50,000 p.a. (pro rata), depending on the experience and fit of the candidate.
You will be working from our office in the beautiful town of Lewes, in East Sussex, which is 15 minutes from Brighton and 1 hour’s direct train journey from London.
To apply, send your CV and a detailed covering email telling us what you could bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date – 5pm on 4th July 2018.
To find out more about ChangeStar, visit our website at www.changestar.co.uk. If you’d like to chat through the role in more detail, call our Director, Richard Docwra, on 01273 964018.
We request no contact from recruitment agencies please.