ChangeStar is a fundraising and social change agency helping good causes to connect with people to do good things. For over a decade, we’ve been helping clients achieve some of the best fundraising and campaigning results in the sector.
This is a great opportunity in an agency that is going places. If you think you’re the right person for it, apply now!
Who we are seeking
We are a busy and growing agency, and are seeking a talented and experienced Account Manager to manage some of our client accounts. You will need to take full responsibility for managing the development of fundraising appeals and other communications for specific ChangeStar clients – from campaign planning to review.
This role is the engine of the agency, managing projects and delivering work within budgets and timescales. The Account Manager will also help to run the agency’s publicity, new business and social media work.
We are seeking someone with the following attributes:
- Fundraising experience – at least 3-5 years’ experience of managing direct response fundraising campaigns across a wide range of media – ideally (but not essentially) with some of this in an agency environment.
- Communications experience – you will have a good understanding of the channels we work with, including direct mail, websites and social media.
- Project management skills – experience of successfully managing complex projects to completion, including scheduling, budgeting and resource management.
- Proactivity and drive – someone with a real sense of energy, drive and ambition, who is willing to proactively take on new challenges, is always one step ahead of the game, and has the dynamism, energy and initiative to push both our clients and agency on to greater things.
- Great communicator – you will be a dynamic, warm and authoritative communicator, able to build great relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Well-organised – you will be able to manage multiple projects, deadlines, clients and suppliers, and to solve problems calmly and effectively if they occur. Naturally, you’ll also have the ability to work independently.
- Passion for social change – a demonstrable passion for the issues that we work with – including progressive politics, the environment and social justice, complemented by a strong business sense in how to grow and protect our business.
- Take full responsibility for managing the development of fundraising appeals and other communications for specific ChangeStar clients – from campaign planning to review.
- Manage suppliers – including copywriters, data analysts, designers and mailhouses – as part of this process.
- Act as the main point of contact for particular clients at ChangeStar, and the primary person responsible for managing and developing these relationships, including leading client meetings.
- Drive growth by seeking more work from existing clients and finding new business leads.
- Communications and PR – aside from managing our client projects, you will also be helping to run the PR and communications activity for ChangeStar itself – to build awareness of the agency within the not-for-profit sector.
- Social media – running ChangeStar’s social media accounts, including producing content, scheduling posts and analysing results.
- New business – managing elements of our new business programme, including cold mail, Fundraiser’s Friend newsletter, ChangeStar Charity Calendar, relationship building and running events for the not-for-profit sector.
- Any other tasks required by the Director – including contributing to the CS business plan.
This role will be available on a part-time basis initially, on 3 days per week, spread across 5 days. There may be the potential to increase the hours in future.
We are offering a salary of up to £30,000 p.a. (pro rata), depending on the experience and fit of the candidate.
You will be working from our office in the beautiful town of Lewes, in East Sussex, which is 15 minutes from Brighton and 1 hour’s direct train journey from London.
How to apply
To apply for this great role, send your CV plus a covering letter explaining why you want this role and why you would be perfect for it to email@example.com.
To find out more about ChangeStar, browse our website. If you’d like to chat through the role in more detail, call our Director, Richard Docwra – (01273) 964018.
Closing date – 15th April 2020